The American Association of Extension Veterinarians is an organization of veterinarians dedicated to the education of the public and the profession in areas of animal and public health. Any veterinarian involved in extension, education, and/or outreach is invited to join the association. Members have a wide variety of backgrounds and professional positions from both the public and private sectors of veterinary medicine.
Objectives of the Organization:
- Provide tools and knowledge to help extension veterinarians do their job better.
- Position extension veterinarians as important resources for and partners with organizations involved with animal and public health
- Engage CSREES to promote the animal, public, and environmental health and well-being objectives of that agency
- Provide collaborative and networking opportunities between extension veterinarians
- In order to develop appreciation of scholarly contributions of veterinary extension, establish objective evaluation standards for extension veterinarians by administrative units.
The AAEV meets annually at the US Animal Health Association convention. In addition to the annual meeting, the organization
sponsors the "Applied Animal and Public Health Research and Extension Symposium" in conjunction with the annual meeting. Abstracts for the 2019 Symposium are now being accepted.