Animal and Public Health Resources
2023 New Animal Drug Regulations - Information from FDA
- Educational articles
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association resources on antibiotic guidelines: https://www.ncba.org/producers/updated-antibiotic-guidelines
- VCPR form from the Beef Quality Assurance program
- National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians Containing the following:
- Compendium of Animal Rabies Prevention and Control
- Compendium of Measures to Prevent Disease Associated with Animals in Public Settings
- Compendium of Measures to Control Chlamydia psittaci Infection Among Humans (Psittacosis) and Pet Birds (Avian Chlamydiosis)
- Compendium of Veterinary Standard Precautions for Zoonotic Disease Prevention in Veterinary Personnel
- In 2016, the American Association of Extension Veterinarians hosted a 2-part webinar series on bovine pestiviruses featuring Dr. Julia Ridpath.
Dr. Ridpath has spent her career studying BVDV and other pestiviruses. She co-edited the book "BVDV: Diagnosis, Management, and Control" and currently leads the research project entitled "Intervention Strategies to Control Viral Diseases of Cattle" at the National Animal Disease Center (NADC) in Ames, IA.
- On October 11, Dr. Julia Ridpath presented an overview of bovine pestiviruses -- their classification, diagnosis, and practical challenges. The one-hour webinar recording is available here.
- On November 8, Dr. Julia Ridpath discussed the control of bovine pestiviruses – through diagnosis, vaccination, and biosecurity. The 50-minute recording is available here.
- Summary Strategic Planning Meeting American Association of Extension Veterinarians 2008.PDF